In the case of sufficient compliance, the inspectorate may be satisfied with:
- horizontal supervision (agreeing enforcement covenants);
- system supervision (executing audits);
- random reality checks (object and administration verifications, audits).
Broadly speaking, the inspectorate can take the following actions in the case of non-compliance:
- express recommendations;
- emphasize warnings;
- impose administrative sanctions such as a fine or penalty, including the withdrawal of permits;
- public disclosure.
In addition to these administrative actions, the inspectorate can apply criminal instruments:
- the drafting of a formal report;
- criminal investigations.
The Public Prosecutor directs the use of the criminal investigations.