Because of the corona measures, the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (Inspectie Leefomgeving en Transport, ILT) has adjusted its processes. We continue our work but we do so in a different way. We now aim to work digitally and remotely as much as possible. For instance, we can perform some inspections remotely through digital “desk enforcement” based on documents. Consequently, the ILT can still perform many of its inspections.
When we do perform inspections outside, health comes first. Not just the health of our inspectors but also the health of the parties we work with and monitor. While we conduct risk-based on-site inspections, we take the corona measures into account. For example, our inspectors wear protective equipment.
What can you do?
As the ILT officers perform more on-site inspections again, we need your cooperation. This will protect both you and our officers. Please follow these measures:
- First, both the ILT and your organisation must observe the basic measures issued by the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu, RIVM).
- The ILT inspectors abide by the rules your organisation has established. To be clear, by law, you are not permitted to ask an inspector to present a negative corona test.
- If an inspector has to report one’s arrival to security staff, one will only do this in a space that allows the inspector to follow the 1.5-metre social distancing rule.
- Hand-washing/disinfection facilities must be available upon the premises’ entry and exit. At least one well-functioning hand-washing facility with sufficient quantity of soap must be available at the premises.
- Please do not shake hands with the ILT officer.
- Staff members who show physical symptoms must stay at home. Physical symptoms include a nose cold, coughing, a sore throat, a (light) fever, abdominal issues or a loss of taste. If staff members showing such symptoms are on the premises, the ILT officer may leave.
- Please do your utmost best to facilitate a social distance of 1.5 metres.
- Please provide suitable office facilities when the ILT officer conducts (administrative) work on the premises:
- A work area that guarantees a minimum social distance of 1.5 metres,
with an absolute minimum of people present.
- Please keep the equipment and work area that the ILT officer may
use as hygienic as possible.
- If the inspector deems the situation unsafe, one may stop an inspection.
These measures are required to prevent the further spread of the coronavirus to the greatest extent possible.