Sanction policy regarding slot misuse
The ILT has as general approach regarding slot misuse at coordinated airports in the Netherlands.
The approach is explained in the intervention matrix. The application of the intervention matrix can result in different types of sanctions for violations regarding slot misuse:
- The airline can be sanctioned with an official warning.
- The airline can be summoned for a corrective hearing (administrative discussion).
- The ILT can impose an order subject to a penalty for non compliance.
- The ILT can impose an administrative fine.
Penalty for non compliance
The ILT can sanction air carriers regarding the following infringements:
- Violations of the night slot regime on Schiphol Airport
- Operation of flights without a slot
- Repeatedly and intentionally not operating flights for which a slot was allocated
- Repeatedly and intentionally not operating flights on times as allocated
- Repeatedly and intentionally operating flights in a different way as allocated for
Sanctioning can be done by imposing a 'last onder dwangsom' ('order subject to a penalty for non compliance', according to Article 5:32 of the Dutch General Administrative Law Act), or an administrative fine.