Slot misuse supervision process
A revised version of the Besluit slotallocatie is in place since 1 October 2019. The ILT is the competent authority to supervise and sanction all types of misuse mentioned in article 7:
- Violations of the night slot regime on Schiphol Airport
- Operation of flights without a slot
- Repeatedly and intentionally not operating flights for which a slot was allocated
- Repeatedly and intentionally not operating flights on times as allocated
- Repeatedly and intentionally operating flights in a different way as allocated for
Therefore, the following process is in place:
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Eindhoven Airport and Rotterdam Airport collect data regarding movements of aircraft.
- ACNL monitors movements against the allocated slots.
- ACNL is obligated to report all night movements without night slot to the ILT.
- ACNL is obligated to report all movements without a slot to the ILT(NOREC).
- ACNL is obligated to report all slots without a movement to the ILT(NOOPS).
- The ILT decides for every night movement without slot, and other discrepancies as NOOPS and NOREC whether the operating carrier will be investigated.
- In general, during major disturbances not all flights might be investigated.
- Regarding discrepancies, airlines may receive a compulsory information request.
- The ILT concludes if a violation is committed.
- After closing the investigation, airlines can be sanctioned by the ILT.
- Airlines receive a report of all investigated situations.
- ACNL receives copies of all conclusions made by ILT regarding slot misuse.