Recognised Security Organisations
The ISPS code offers the opportunity to delegate certain tasks to so called Recognised Security Organisations (RSO's). The Dutch government has
chosen to delegate the approval of Ship Security Plans, the on board verifications and the issuing of the International Ship Security Certificates
(ISSC) to RSO's.
For these tasks, NSI has selected seven, EU-approved, classification societies, which have been appointed as RSO by the minister of Transport and Water Management. NSI will supervise the functioning of these RSO's, amongst others through audits, random examinations of Ship Security Plans and performing or attending on board verifications.
The following companies have been appointed as RSO on behalf of the Kingdom of the Netherlands:
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) represented by ABS Europe Ltd. Rotterdam
- Bureau Veritas (BV) represented by Bureau Veritas Rotterdam
- DNV AS represented by DNV, Barendrecht
- Indian Register of Shipping, Schiedam
- Lloyd's Register (LR) represented by Lloyd's Register, Rotterdam
- Nippon, Kaiji Kyokai (Class NK) represented by Nippon Kaiji Kyokai, Barendrecht
- Registro Italiano Navale (RINA) represented by Registro Italiano Navale, Rotterdam